We watched the absurdist masterpiece and reputed first horror film from Brazil, both directed by and starring the big, strong man himself, Coffin Joe. Beware, brave listener, for this film warns you it is not for the faint of heart, and then completely delivers on that promise. An early example of a director that grew up watching horror movies, then going on to make the horror movie he wanted to see. Join us for this breath of foamy air on the latest episode of Loathsome Things: A Horror Movie Podcast!
If you would like to recommend a movie, tell us who you’d like to try out for the role of coffin Joe in the American remake of this film, share your thoughts on who would be the worst horror movie director and what their movie would be like, or ask us horror movie-related questions, you can do so by reaching out to us on
The Loathsome Things Official Top 10 Greatest Horror Movies of All Time List
(of those we've reviewed for an episode of Loathsome Things: A Horror Movie Podcast)
(1) Bob Clark’s Black Christmas (1974)
(2) George A Romero’s Night of the Living Dead (1968)
(3) Miike Takashi’s Audition (1999)
(4) Bob Clark’s Deathdream (1974)
(5) David Prior’s The Empty Man (2020)
(6) Frank Henenlotter’s Basket Case (1982)
(7) Nicolas Roeg’s Don't Look Now (1973)
(8) José Mojica Marins’ At Midnight I’ll Take Your Soul (1964)
(9) Ben Wheatley’s In The Earth (2021)
(10) David Bruckner's The Ritual (2014)
Beyond the Door III (1989) – Not a great horror movie, but so much fun to watch!