We really schatten the bed with this blutty film about how much it sucked to live with emotional trauma in the Black Plague-era Alps while being identified as any combination of a witch, heathen or Jew. Here, I’ll horn in a content warning: this episode unqualifiedly discusses rape, infanticide, cannibalism, and anti-semitism. Now that feuer of you are interested hearing what we’re going to chuckle about, please watch the movie and listen to this newest episode of Loathsome Things: A Horror Movie Podcast!
If you would like to recommend a movie, tell us what you would and would not like to see in an American adaptation of this film, or ask us horror movie-related questions, you can do so by reaching out to us on
The Loathsome Things Official Top 10 Greatest Horror Movies of All Time List
(of those we've reviewed for an episode of Loathsome Things: A Horror Movie Podcast)
(1) Rose Glass’ Saint Maud (2019)
(2) Bob Clark’s Black Christmas (1974)
(3) George A Romero’s Night of the Living Dead (1968)
(4) Miike Takashi’s Audition (1999)
(5) Bob Clark’s Deathdream (1974)
(6) David Prior’s The Empty Man (2020)
(7) Frank Henenlotter’s Basket Case (1982)
(8) Nicolas Roeg’s Don't Look Now (1973)
(9) José Mojica Marins’ At Midnight I’ll Take Your Soul (1964)
(10) Ben Wheatley’s In The Earth (2021)
Beyond the Door III (1989) – Not a great horror movie, but so much fun to watch!
The Pit (1981) – Watch this coming-of-age story about seeing boobs and feeding beasts!